kinda tough one

It took a week of spare time, 10 ECOs, to go from

Nasty: parts on both sides with complicated clearance issues, picosecond stuff, crosstalk, serious thermals, panel arrangement issues, all sorts of things.

It was part tedious and part a lot of fun. I enjoy PCB layout for some reason, sort of a game like chess with more pieces.

There's a sort of DPAK thick-film 50 ohm resistor, bottom side lower right, that gets heat sinked to the box through giant copper pours.

I may not be able to keep it cool worst-case, so there's a thermistor R14 to shut things down if it gets too hot.

The cork popped merrily, and Lord Peter rose to his feet.
"Bunter", he said, "I give you a toast. The triumph of Instinct over Reason"
Reply to
jlarkin

What does J271 do? Does it have a datasheet yet?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I call it ADG, analog delay generator, but it could have a better name. All my code kiddies are busy on c and VHDL and Python, so I'm designing code-free boxes to stay amused. This is a tiny (3x2x1") delay-and-width pulse generator. It will have three time ranges, 25ns,

250ns, 2.5 us, with pots to set delay and width in each range. Output is my little glob-topped GaN driver thing. It will be specified for 1 to 20 volt pulse output, but I think I can spin a version that uses a 48 volt wart and can make 45 volt pulses, and charge more for that one.

TPG tiny pulse generator

EDGE embedded delay generator

SPUD small pulse delay generator

I should decide and put up a web page.

I might do a pulse amplifier version too. Just strip off most of the parts from that one. Easy. Maybe make the pulse low level adjustable, like +-5 instead of ground. The little globbed thing can do that.