Linking Hardware to Wonderware.

Any of you ever deal with Wonderware people? I have some hardware that I talk to, made by yours truly, that works fine in a window panel when using the Serial port or USB port how ever, we are now using this in a Wonderware Intouch app/Panel, etc, and we wrote a DDE interface to our device.

For some reason it seems that the DDE services in Wonderware is not fully implemented?

I would use the serial option that's in there how ever, I can't seem to get the control I need, because there's some actions going on with the serial port control lines, not just the RX and TX lines..

Was looking at the options of making a COM/ACTIVEX driver for which it seems to support how ever, and maybe I didn't understand this, it seems that it needs to be registered and QC past before it'll work..

DDE would be nice but seems to be buggy or not fully supported/

As it is now, I run a GUI that the user can pop up from the task bar to access this hardware, was trying to get it to work efficiently in the Wonderware softare suit..

Any comments on the fitness of this system?

Reply to
Jamie