Linear phase filter low clock rate

Has anyone used this range of _linear phase_ filters from LT? I was wondering what the LOWEST clock rate might be. It is not given in the data sheets.

I want to use it for a 40Hz (yes _Hz_) lowpass. If it won't work in that app, can anyone please recommend a suitable linear phase filter?

Bob Noger

Reply to
Bob Noger

.

No reason why it shouldn't it's a low pass filter after all. You'll have to clock it at a much slower rate (2-4kHz), Order one and try it out. If for some reason it doesn't work you can make a 2-pole VCVS filter from an opamp. Stringing four together can give you an 8-pole response. (Do you need that much?) Horowitz and Hill have the design equations for this. (You want the Bessel response)

George Herold

Reply to
ggherold

.

Many of the specs go down to 0.1Hz, and I suspect that it just wasn't measured at lower frequencies.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Why not DIY trivial analog filter using opamps or trivial digital filter using a microcontroller?

Vladimir Vassilevsky

They work fine with 4 kHz clocks. Hum filtering is one of the major applications of these gizmos.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs