Linear lab amp DC-30MHz?

. . --- L--- . | | . C C . | | . --------

--

John Devereux
Reply to
John Devereux

Not that bad, if you dip it in liquid Helium. IIRC there's such a thing as a superconducting DC transformer. But I usually like my Pi warmed up. :)

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

Years ago I stumbled onto what looked like a forced-air furnace at a junkyard. Well, it did have a big fan, but the heating elements were

48 4CX250B toobs, all in a distributed-amplifier topology. The thing was too heavy to drag home. And what would the wife say?
Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

Where's this junkyard at? How deep could they be? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

--
Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk

%20DC%20-%201GHz&idm=385

I would consider some of the Apex devices, they have have high bandwidth power amplifiers. Some of them are pretty impressive.

--
JosephKK
Gegen dummheit kampfen Die Gotter Selbst, vergebens.

sells DC powered modules (e.g. 5303055), but they are still around 3500USD. And you don't get DC.

Oliver

--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen (oliverbetz.de)
Reply to

Hello Oliver,

If you ever need something this big consider buying a used ENI amp. They are very wideband and I have used them in susceptibility tests. That way we also found some glitches that they thought were 'digital', so sometimes clients wanted to own one afterwards and usually we could find a used one.

However, one has to know this RF power stuff. Otherwise somebody in a uniform might knock on the door some day.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg
[20W wideband amp]

I'm already considering this, but it seems that people don't sell many of them.

[...]

at lower frequencies (the OP wrote "early tens of Mhz", that's also my range), the risk is low.

Oliver

--
Oliver Betz, Muenchen (oliverbetz.de)
Reply to
Oliver Betz

Hello Oliver,

Yes, it's tough. Keep your eyes peeled for when an EMI lab shuts down somewhere in Europe. Most likely they have some. For me buying equipment from businesses that closed has yielded the best deals for lab gear.

That depends on where your location is. Maritime and air traffic still uses shortwave a lot across the oceans. They don't like it when somebody messes with their communications.

One common trick to avoid trouble is to try to do most measurements or at least the initial ones on an ISM frequency. 13.56MHz is one of my favorites.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg