line locked clock

hi, Can anyone tell me what is a line locked clock??

thanks ganesh

Reply to
gans1973

Google suggests that you find a copy of ITU 601, It sounds as if ITU

601 wants you to lock your pixel-level sampling clock to the line scan clock - presumably with some form of phase-locked loop. You can probably get away with using a voltage-controlled crystal oscillator as the adjustable clock source.
--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

Back in the long ago times it would have been a time of day clock locked to the power line frequency - probably has some other meaning today

--
Dan Hollands
1120 S Creek Dr

Probably is that today as well. Some 20-odd years ago I worked on such a system, that was locked to the mains frequency so as to fire thyristors at the desired phase angle, even in Sudan.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke