lemo connectors

I am using a 3 pin lemo connector and I think that I am losing voltage with it.

I tested with a meter and found that 12V was coming out of my box, but when I connect the lemo, only 9.9V comes out. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Reply to
katangerine

I am using a 3 pin lemo connector and I think that I am losing voltage with it.

I tested with a meter and found that 12V was coming out of my box, but when I connect the lemo, only 9.9V comes out. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Reply to
katangerine

What's connected on the load side of the connector?

Cheers

PeteS

Reply to
PeteS
4 solenoids. But i checked the voltage from the pins on the lemo. so some voltage loss occurs before it reaches the load. =(

PeteS wrote:

Reply to
katangerine

V = IR !

How familiar are you with the above ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Opps !

Google Groups and gmail again !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

With the Lemo and load connected, measure the voltage from the supply side of each Lemo pin to the load side of the same pin. (That is, from pin 1 on the jack side to pin 1 on the plug side, pin 2 to 2, and so forth.)

If the voltage is more than 10 millivolts or so, then there is a problem with the connector. If not, then the connector is working fine.

As Graham pointed out, connecting a load to a supply will often cause the supply's voltage to drop. That is not the fault of the connector. If the effect is undesirable, then you need a supply that is rated for more current and/or one that is better regulated.

Reply to
Walter Harley