LED drivers with very high analog dim range?

Even with all that surface are, thermal design is pretty important. ;-)

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Those displays are very-high-Dollar items. In LED lighting one cannot place dozens of drivers that cost a few Dollars a pop.

Same for LED lighting. Due to high prices those lights will have to sell through "design slickness" for many years to come. Meaning much has to be super-flat, small or tightly integrated somewhere.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Easy. There are no 'Truth Emitting Democrat' videos.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Sure there are. They're called Parodies. ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

I'm working a 48-channel chip for such an application... billboards ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Me work on a 128-channel chip. So, there, me win :-)

But it's not for billboards and not even for LED.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Hmm. I already worked on such chips, writing specialized D60 white-point calibration software, setting up the optics and calibration stands, doing binning software, etc. Years ago, there were specialized chips for driving the panels and the modules. The ones I worked on used 6 ICs to handle 256 RGB LEDs -- 768 LEDs total -- in each module. 3mm-5mm spacing on the LEDs.

Heat was a big issue, but separate power rails for each color did help.

Buyers were making NTSC-driven lobby-sized TVs and outdoor billboards.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan