LED driver

Winfield Hill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

I would have a huge supply unit making a rail feeding individual current controllers feeding small batches of the whole load. Then the supply need only be hefty enough to keep the individual units fed. The individual units all manage their duty cycles seperately. Just like a motherboard has Point of Load units on it.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Robert Baer wrote in news:TcVYF.179496$ snipped-for-privacy@fx37.iad:

Found a neat video that could be used for a driver chip for this...

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

The ATtiny10-TSHR, 12MHz controller in sot-23-6 package, includes ADC. Costs $0.33 each single. The youtube video is complete 53-minute how-to, detailing the best ways to program the ATtiny10.

With an added MOSFET, etc., an ATtiny10 can make tiny smart goodies, like fan controllers, etc.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

A big part of 250A drivers, etc., is the storage caps: four small polymer types for low esr (390uF 18mR), two large electrolytics (2200uF 22mR) for high capacitance. At low duty cycles the source supply sees light loads.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Winfield Hill wrote in news:r11dpn0ae4 @drn.newsguy.com:

this...

Oh it is an excellent vid. 32 Bytes RAM!

I like his ASCII UART coding... "oops... oh yeah!".

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On 1/31/2020 6:54 AM, snipped-for-privacy@decadence.org wrote: [snip]

Good find. Thanks.

Reply to
John S

  • 66,085
=
66,085 *

Thanks for the neat idea. Mr Heck would do to have an EE check his video before posting. He is missing a resistor to limit the base-current into Q1 (PNP) - a rookie error. Also w.r.t. switches "pole" and "throw" are not the same things. I stopped watching after 9 minutes...

Reply to
Rich S

Not at all. Puts me in mind of Watson A. Name, the Dark Remover, and the Joule Thief.

Reply to
Wond