single-battery LED flashlight schemos

Some months ago there was a flurry of posts here regarding experiments with driving white LEDs with a single AA or AAA cell. I futzed with the idea a bit myself, with pretty good results, but I didn't keep notes. (BAD experimenter!!)

Recently I described the neato circuit to a friend, then tried to write out a schemo for him. Could not remember all of it! I could describe making the bifilar wound xfmr alright, but the rest is a fog.

ISTR that TWO regulars here were in the forefront of this experimentation. Would one of you please post some schemos?

--
Michael
Reply to

Watt Sun as I recall. Haven't seen him post in a while.

Memorize this name: Joule Thief

JeffM

I have built a few and they work pretty well, though frankly those I've tested only work reasonably well down to about .55V or .6V. (It was 'satcure' posting here who provided me with a sample to start.)

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

experimenter!!)

I can send a couple to your Email if you want. Just let me know.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr