LED candle, flame simulation, using red and blue LEDs

Hi

I saw this for a hanging old style lamp in a christmas setup. I recall that they has red and blue light flashing as well as white almost all on the time

I found some systems on the net using 4013 and inverter, but they all seem to be for one white LED, so for the "flame" version?

Any ideas?

Reply to
sonnichjensen

they has red and blue light flashing as well as white almost all on the time

be for one white LED, so for the "flame" version?

You can buy "candle flicker" LEDs that have the "flicker" hardware built into the LED enclosure; see here:

It's straightforward enough to tap the LED with external circuitry to make anything else you want flicker, the same way that it's possible to drive external circuitry from one of those "flasher" LEDs.

I designed a "flicker flame" circuit last year using a Tl431 and a couple of transistors - if I have a chance to actually test it, and it works OK, I will post it!

Reply to
bitrex