lead

snip snip

very funny. Women get much higher rates of breast cancer if they eat grilled meat. Read this. See refs at end. I probably just gave you 20 years life.

jb

Reply to
haiticare2011

Light pollution, the bane of astronmers, is correlated with increased risk of breast cancer.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

...if I were at all likely to follow that advice, but fortunately I'm not.

I've been on a ketogenic diet for the last couple of months, and the effect on my BMI has been very good indeed. At this rate, in another couple of months I'll be at my thinnest point as an adult. It's also entirely painless, apart from having bad breath. (My wife's on it too, so it's okay--just like when you both eat garlic.)

Smoking, being fat, and not exercising are the real heavy hitters in life expectancy. Oh, and of course the biggest effect is your choice of grandparents. Two of mile lived into their 90s, and a third, who was badly gassed in WWI, still made it to 87. (The other one was a big fat guy who chain-smoked and didn't do anything physical at all.)

I sure hope I don't live to be 90. It's really miserable for most folks. (Besides, I have somewhere I'd rather be.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

And until recently, the size of the universe and my waist measurement. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Are you saying they are the same - or have I mis-read it.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

;)

No, I'm getting surprisingly svelte, at least for me. Hopefully the universe isn't cyclic either.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Lots of people comment that correlation doesn't indicate causation, and that's true.

But lead is known to be a neurotoxin that influences judgement and emotional stability; that PLUS the strong lead-in-gas correlation certainly strengthens the case.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

in

peaks

being

in a

Surgeon

there was

Israeli

This was

me:

D."

Alaska.

crime

You did not real the linked to report very well. They already did anova type cross correlation (at least attempted it) and lead still stood out. I don't think they did anova well though. The delay really did follow the dates of elimination of lead from gasoline quite nicely in different locals. An aspect to seriously consider.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk