talking brit

John

whose native language is Yat.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation

Believe it or not - cannot access from the UK!!!!!!

BBC Travel (international version) We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee. It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes. You can find out more about BBC Worldwide and its digital activities at

Andy Bartlett

Pity: the Anglophenia series is hilarious.

We can see it for free (with a short ad in front) so it makes no sense to me that you (who nominally own the BBC) can't.

Can you see this, same thing but on Youtube?

Precision electronic instrumentation

Ahh! Great - yep can view no problem.

Many thanks

Andy

Reply to
Andy Bartlett

Ain't working here either and this here IP address is smack dab in the Wild West.

Tell the BBC to fire their marketeers and web deigners. Could be worse though: Deutsche Welle TV cannot be viewed via web from North America. And this is a station that is gvt-funded by Germany and meant to educate foreigners about Germany. Ridiculous.

Regarding Louisiana accents, I recently met an older man on a trail out here and had a longer chat. He sounded exactly like him:

This is the kind of German I grew up with, but this is after it was influenced by Starbucks and similar stores over there:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

That's cajun; I know, because I married a cajun girl once.

This is one local variation of Yat:

named for "Where y'at?", the New Orleans version of "Aloha"

Sounds German to me.

Precision electronic instrumentation