Laser tv

Anyone heard about the laser tv technology yet?

SioL

Reply to
SioL

RADIO ELECTRONICA 1970 No.12 (I translate...) Wide Screen color television with lasers. Very nice article with rotating mirrors to produce large screen color tv projection. So wats new since 36 years??

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Hello Sjouke,

What's new? More junk programming on TV. I would possibly spring for one of those larger sets if there was any content to speak of. So, we bought a pool billiard table instead. A lot more fun!

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I agree on this, who needs TV when there's no "high-definition" on the non-technical contents being broadcasted :-)

Reply to
pbdelete

So its probably similar to fuel cells and many other products that are "just around the corner", I guess :)

SIoL

Reply to
SioL

Or the flying car:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

...and *zero* commercials!!!

Reply to
Robert Baer

A pool billiard table? Does it have interchangeable rails? ;-)

(a pool table has six pockets - a billiard table doesn't have any pockets at all. And a snooker table also has sic pockets, but they're smaller than the pockets on a pool table, and the corners are rounded. Another useful factoid from my Bright College Days. ;-) )

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hello Rich,

I know, it's a pool table. Just added the word billiard because some Europeans might not know pool tables. The ones we had over said "Oh look, a billiard table!"

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I would have told them, "You're in luck. They aren't nesting right now, so we can play a few rounds of pool!" ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Well, I'd think it's theoretically possible to play some sort of variation of billiards on a pool table - just define the pockets as a "scratch" or something. ;-)

It's all about geometry, after all. :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

Hello Rich,

I have seen one where they had edge extenders for the pockets. They were well made and felted but, of course, that wouldn't pass muster for a competition. Also, ours is a seven-footer. Could have gotten 8ft in there but it would have been tight.