John Larkin, Dremeling PCBs

I use Proxxon. I usually drill 0.3mm ground vias with it.

30 AWG wire fits just so. No problem to hit the eyelet. But I don't use it for grinding or anything that presents off-axix loads. <

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

I might be confused, but all I find is a Proxxon rotary tool that you can buy and then you have to buy a separate power supply in order to have variable speed. or use any 12V power supply but it will run a max rpm. Seems like a poor selling plan, looks good at $40, until you read and find you need a power supply that is $45! Is there an AC unit? Mikek

Reply to
Lamont Cranston

You must have dropped it from a ladder or something. Mine works brilliantly--no detectable runout.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I use several Dremels, on my bench at work and home and one in our shared lab. All work fine.

The continuously variable speed version lets you set the speed to whatever makes the cleanest cuts.

Buy real Dremels and accessories. There's lots of junk around.

Here's a picture of my Dremel rig as it hangs around over my workbench:

It's genuine all the way around. The shaft extension enables it to function in the manner of a dental drill. Look close to see a chuck at the end of its handpiece. Truth be told, cheap eBay round burrs work well enough for my humble needs. And again, as others say, there's no detectable runout. Danke,

Reply to
Don

They're pretty cheap anyway. One thing that improves life is to buy a bunch of the fibreglass abrasive wheels. The sintered garnet ones do allow more precise work, but they fly apart if you look at them crossways. (They also tend to load up when you use them on soft material such as copper or aluminum.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC / Hobbs ElectroOptics Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

Phil Hobbs

I've had several. One was brilliant, lasted years of heavy use. One lasted less than ten minutes use from new, and didn't work as well while it was working. I don't think their quality control is very good.

CH

Reply to
Clifford Heath