Jameco ordering from outside US

I had to place an order at Jameco. I received a "1st attempt" email where I was asked to approve shipping costs before they ship.

Replied OK, but received "a second attempt" email today so it seems replying isn't the right way of approving but I fail to find where on their website.

Anyone knowing the way to go?

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Have you tried _calling_ them? That's generally the way to go if you're trying to do something unusual (to them).

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to

The first paragraph gives you three options, a valid email address, phone number, and fax number. At this point a fax may be your best option. Unless you can convince your wife to eat dinner later and call in the evening ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Overseas phone calls are not exactly cheap...

Reply to
Robert Baer

On a sunny day (Tue, 20 Oct 2009 22:10:22 -0700) it happened Robert Baer wrote in :

You should really get a fast internet connection and use VOIP / Skype to landline? Dunno where you are, but normal overseas calls here ARE cheap if you shop around.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Actually they are. We pay 2c/min to Europe (but under 1c/min to the UK), and believe it or not 3c/min domestic long distance. Beats me why domestic costs more, I guess there is an abundance of excess bandwidth on the trans-atlantic fibers that's doled out to lessees at firesale prices.

Europeans calling us frequently pay under one (!) Eurocent per minute.

I still remember prices over $1/min in the early 90's but those days are gone for good.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

If you can pick how to make the call (plan, VOIP or Skype) calls are indeed cheap as dirt. Nobody in a developed country can complain about the cost (a dollar or two to talk to Europe or Asia for an hour).

But roaming cell phone charges can be extortionate when one is travelling.. it's not hard to get up into the hundreds of dollars for a few relatively brief calls.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Yes, that sometimes looks like racket schemes. My fix is very simple: VirginMobile on the Sprint net, no roaming in the whole US. Either you get a connection and it's the usual 18c/min or you don't. But so far I always got a connection. Except in some areas Berkeley because of their cell tower paranoia or whatever.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Anyone tried Skype's landline-to-Skype or Skype-forward-to-landline "features" (extra cost)? ...Jim Thompson

Cranky Old Git With Engineering Mind Faster Than a Speeding Prissy

Just Skype out.. works great.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Good! I'll try it. With ALL of my new business leads now coming from New Zealand, Australia, Taiwan and Hong Kong, with ferocious time zone deltas, I need to forward Skype calls to my cell ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Cranky Old Git With Engineering Mind Faster Than a Speeding Prissy

prices.

But make sure to keep at least some quality time with family in the evenings or it'll eat you up. My largest time zone delta (so far) is nine hours. That's still sort of manageable.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Because I'm doing the contractor shuffle, I got Yahoo! Voice service on this machine. It took 'em a while to get it provisioned, but it works great. $3.00 per month for the phone number, $0.01 per minute for outgoing in US and Canada, something like $0.09 for overseas.

I keep microphones and studio monitors hooked up anyway, but if I didn't, there's the Linksys CIT310. Obviously, Skype has parallel offerings, but me and Maw do PC-to-PC calls on Yahoo for free, so I did that.

I may never have another landline.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

Get a free roaming plan.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

I've done it with Yahoo! Voice, and it works a treat - but took them five days to provision. It's cheeeeeap, tho'.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

Yahoo! PC to PC calls are completely free....I think Skype does that, too.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill

It's just that SWMBO doesn't like a PC on the living room table. If I have to do quick Gerber check she grants an exemption but then I use the PC as a "you've got mail" bell and head to the office down the hallway.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

But $0.09 international is about 4.5x what I pay on my landline ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I don't make international calls, so I never checked.

-- Les Cargill

Reply to
Les Cargill