ISDN transformers

Ok, you guys speak of ISDN transformers so much that you have me interested. How many Volt*Seconds (E*T) do they have? It is not listed. What is their lower frequency point at what voltage so I can calculate E*T.

Thanks, Harry D.

Reply to
Harry D

I've got some data on that, at work. I'll try to find it.

I got burned by a shocking low Curie temperature. I was using them as pulse transformers and they saturated at the high end of our operating temp range.

I just tested one for use at 300 Hz. I'll post those numbers, too.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Note that Bsat decreases exponentially as Tc is approached, until it goes to zero flux density above Tc (ferr(o/i)magnetism disappears). For ferrite, Tc is usually something like 120-250C, with 170 being typical I think.

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

I posted one measurement in the CT thread.