Is there any equipment to measure dv/dt of capacitor?

I just remembered the test procedure... the dv/dt rating has been exceeded when the case bulges ;-)

...Jim Thompson

As it often does on PC monitor flyback tuning caps - especially the square cased blue Philips ones!

Reply to
ian field

Imagine going through all that discomfort just to get the bus to yourself! Personally I find it much less effort to let a really putrid decomposing flesh fart, and then sit there and watch as all the other passengers jam the door trying to pile out at the next stop.

Reply to
ian field

This is a torture test where the outcome can be determined using a capacitance meter. As you vaporize the metalization during the torture test, you can measure the decrease in capacitance. I once saw production substitute a wimpy poly cap for the pulse rated cap they were supposed to use in a pulse power amplifier tuning network. After a day of operation, the caps would open. That was fun.

--
Mark
Reply to

--
Wow!!!

From your "Opti-Visor Monster" post on abse it looks like your dv/dt
rating has been exceeded big-time! ;)
Reply to
John Fields

Hey, you haven't smelled me so you're not worth an opinion.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

No, surely not.

Oh, that must have been some rip off design not specified by Philips where someone tried to save pennies and didn't read the data sheet.....

Are you saying BC components have stuffed up the QC under orders from Vishay?

DNA

Reply to
Genome

No doubt you'd make a skunk's eyes water!

Reply to
ian field

I wouldn't want to get recursive about this but....

Hey, you haven't smelled me so you're not worth an opinion.

DNA

Reply to
Genome

Oooooo, That might be a new experience.

Can I borrow yours when you're finished with it?

DNA

Reply to
Genome

And here I thought it was when the lead wires vaporized ;-)

Reply to
Jeff L

Looks like he's ignoring the "Best if used by date: " too. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Isn't that just capacitance? I thought I remembered something like

C = I * dv/dt or something.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise