Is it possible to make a color HDTV appear Black & White?

Is it possible to make a color HDTV appear Black & White?

Everyone wants COLOR tv now, but for nostalgia reasons, I'd like to be able to make the screen Black & White. Is there a way to disable the color?

It's a flat screen LED type HDTV.

Reply to
boomer#6877250

Yes. Put the "color" (saturation) setting to its minimum. Good for de-colorizing Turner movies, huh?

Reply to
Rich S

sure, disassemble the screen and remove the colour mask :) (probaby not a good idea)

perhaps you can use Y,Pb,Pr component inputs but only connect the Y

else poke around in the menus an look for a "colour saturation" control.

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

not even doable.

The only overlay is the polarization sheet.

The LCDs already output color.

So the only way is via desaturation.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

If you want it to tune a channel, and see that in monochrome, it's dependent on the manufacturer's features. If, on the other hand, you can get a video source that offers Svideo, you could cut out the chroma signal (lowpass filter or just cut the wire in a connecting cable) on connector pin #4.

That requires, however, that your HDTV be displaying an external analog signal.

Reply to
whit3rd

OK, I did it.... I'm so used to the old CRT televisions, which had actual controls in the back. This is my first flat screen HDTV. I forgot that the MENU has these options. I was looking in back for controls....

I did not want to modify the TV. This is just a temporary thing.

Now I know what to do....

Thanks

Reply to
boomer#6877250