incredible cop-out

They don't mention the real hazards, SCR latchup and charge-spraying effects that mess up the chip functions.

Incredible!

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

There's a lack of discussion, too, on the fact that a clamp diode to V+ will just steer overvoltage to the regulator's sense amp. I guess that's someone else's amplifier, and not AD's problem?

Reply to
whit3rd

hat's

Well, hopefully there's a BFC there to help.

The 2 resistor/2 diode approach is a lot of parts if you have many I/Os.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs