In Texas He Would Have Been Shot!

That is jurisdiction dependent.

Likely someplace like Texas.

I remember many years ago, I read that it is a fundamental principle that civil rights outweigh property rights. In other words, your property is not worth killing someone over, in the eyes of the law. Obviously this does not apply in Texas, where such murders are seldom prosecuted. Texas is a strange place. TVs and VCRs over people.

Reply to
Ricky

If succession comes up in a Texas referendum, I'll move to Texas so I can vote for it! Then I'll move to Florida to help them follow!

Reply to
Ricky

Texans are generally nice, friendly, reasonable, productive people. Have you spent any time in Texas?

Yes, Texans are all that. They are also trigger-happy. Oh, "reasonable" is one of those Humpty Dumpty terms, "it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less".

Reply to
Ricky

That as well!

Reply to
Ricky

Yeah, the woman put in solitary for exercising freedom of speech was likely a Texas resident, also.

Remember that quip about the Soviet Union: "Nice people, I wonder why do they do this to themselves" ??

Reply to
bitrex

As Texans themselves put it:

"By God we're so darn proud to be from Texas - yahoo! Even of our pride we're proud and we're proud of that pride, too Our pride about our home state is the proudest pride indeed And we're proud to be Americans, until we can secede"

(from Austin Lounge Lizards 'Stupid Texas Song', listen at

)

Reply to
Glen Walpert

OK, you've never been to Texas. You just make up people you can deplore.

The biggest problem with Texas is that they bbq beef. Real bbq has to be pork. Virginia is better for that.