In search of a mentor

Are there any Electrical Engineers or related scientist in need of an assistant. I dont know many brilliant people and I am an Engineering student and I have fellow students who will work for cheap if we get to learn along the way. PT

Reply to
bk4pay

In New York? Sure... go to just about any university's EE department, and say you'd like to be a professor's assistant. In most cases, I can't see why they wouldn't pay you.

When I was a biochemistry major, they would hold *lotteries* to work as

*volunteers*. (Mostly for the pre-meds, who were desperate for such experience.) No such nonsense when I switched majors to engineering.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

try craigslist, they have some fun stuff. e.g

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Oops, it's been pulled, but

New Underwater Camera Operator Needed Reply to: snipped-for-privacy@craigslist.org Date: 2006-12-13, 9:37PM PST

The Goliath Project, a consortium of name oceanographers, is looking for a replacment cameraman for our ocean floor mapping expedition. The original camera operator we hired died, as his pressure suit did not meet the specifications he promised us, and he was crushed like an egg shell. Worse, his camera module likewise could not withstand the pressure, and salt water leakage ruined the footage. So we must start again, at our expense.

We need a replacement camera operator with their own pressure suit (verifiable to be able to withstand at least 50,000 psi), camera and camera module (likewise verifiable to withstand the same pressures) immediately. No pay, but copy, credit, and great crafty. This is an AWESOME chance to work with a GREAT team of well-known oceanographers and make great connections in the biz! Please send link to underwater demo reel, resume, and exact specifications of your pressure suit. You will need to provide your own transportation to and from the ocean floor. We will however supply all needed cable and oxygen, free of charge. We are already three weeks behind schedule, please reply immediately.

Don't delay; Goliath Awaits!

  • Location: Off Hawaii Coast * It's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests * Compensation: copy, credit, great crafty, funeral expenses guaranteed if necessary

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Did I do my math wrong? 50K psi is approx. 3400 atmospheres, which at 33 feet depth per 1 atm, gives about 103 feet?

You could do that with scuba, for a little while, if you know how to decompress.

What am I missing? Did I divide when I should have multiplied?

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

university's EE department,

I go to TCI the professor's dont pay or even have assitants

Reply to
bk4pay

university's EE department,

You will need to go to a University to find these professors. Not junior colleges, not Technology Institutes, probably not even a state college. A University.

Reply to
mrdarrett

Wait - 3400 atmospheres * 33 feet = 112,000 feet?

Are we talking "The Abyss" here?

Do they have any of those liquid-filled suits? ;-)

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Haave you tried the co-op program at your university? Almost everyone (one PhD counterexample) I know we hired in the last 10 years did at least one year as a co-op.

--
  Keith
Reply to

you did,

units is a neat program.

You have: 50000 psi You want: miles water * 21.843359 FNL! Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen