In regard to Roy Moore

Except vodka does have a flavor. Expensive vodka in orange juice makes no sense, other than to impress. That's true of most drinks (the Seagram's effect).

Reply to
krw

You do have to be careful when consuming acetone (alcohol above 95% contains some acetone).

I love beer but don't drink any alcohol anymore.

Reply to
krw

Try Ron Zacapa 23. About $50 and worth it. You just sip it, never mix it with anything.

lunatic fringe electronics

"Teeth were invented before wire strippers."

lunatic fringe electronics

You have to email or call them and really harass them to get out.

lunatic fringe electronics

I don't want texts or email on a phone. GPS might be cool if my Casio Rock ever dies and I have to get a smartphone. The Rock seems to be indestructable.

I still have a few working HP35's, but I use 32SIIs for work.

I have two HP9100 desktop calculators (all discrete transistors, core memory, CRT display) that I might try to restore some day.

lunatic fringe electronics

At Tulane, the only thing they used the IR spectrometer for was to make sure there was no benzine in the ethyl alcohol before a party.

lunatic fringe electronics

OK. The rum version is better.

lunatic fringe electronics

Why is a phone different than any other computer?

GPS on a smart phone beats any stand-alone GPS, at least for car navigation.

I use either my smart phone HP11C or a real HP11C, if I'm at my desk.

Reply to
krw

Sorry, JohnL reminded me that it was benzene, not acetone. Acetone is produced in the liver when metabolizing methanol.

Reply to
krw

Rum and gin are the two spirits that I could never drink. Yech!

Reply to
krw

Because I can walk away from a computer. Be out of touch.

I must run up maybe 20 minutes a month on my cell phone.

lunatic fringe electronics

I can not answer my phone or text. Do it all the time.

That's normally all I do. I dislike talking on the phone, whether it be cell or land.

Reply to
krw

Krw in fine form. Methanol is metabolised to formaldehyde in the liver (not acetone). Ethanol (which might have been what he intended to type) is metabolised to acetaldehdye (C2H4O), not acetone (C3H6O).

He seems to have given up after the brain damage has set in.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to