IC Reciever Chip for 1 GHz

Yes. I can never remember who has what, but check out Linear Technology, Maxim, Philips, ON semi and Micrel. Linear Technology and I think Maxim have some nice quadrature downconverters that will form the RF section. Either Maxim or Micrel have some superregenerative receivers (think "cheap").

As soon as I get some spare time I'm going to build a UHF receiver from the Linear Technology part -- give me 40 years and I'm sure It'll bubble up to the top of my list.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

I am looking at building a simple receiver that operates at around 1 gigahertz. Are there any IC chips that I can utilize to simplify my design?

Any information is greatly appreciated! Nick

Reply to
Nick Funk

Hello Tim, Hello Nick,

Superregen is on the way out, considering the pricing of the latest chips. Check out the Texas TRF6903, for example. Ok, its a transceiver but at under $3 a pop maybe it would also be feasible to use just its receiver.

I guess by that time you can buy some bulbs at Home Depot, select the bag with 1GHz on there, plant some into the soil and wait for the organic nanotube process to produce...

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

design?

Maxim MAX2420, MAX2460 (10.7 MHz IF) MAX2421 (46 MHz IF), MAX2422 (70 MHz IF)

Analog Devices AD8347, direct conversion

Wim

Reply to
Wim Ton

The CC1000 is in the range 300-1000MHz.