I hope India's costs rise!

As well as those in China and elsewhere.

Personally, I would love to see these countries start their own companies and successfully undercut the profits of the companies that trained them so diligently, either on their home turf or by importing H-1B visa new hires.

China is probably a non-starter as long as the officially communist government stays in power, I think India is starting to crack as more and more young upper class Indians become westernized. They are becoming secularized and less apt to really believe in the nutty ideas of Hinduism, at least not to the extent they did thirty years ago even. Indian nationalism is a growing matter, but it will probably help and not hurt their industrialization.

Reply to
Bret Ludwig

You write this drivel for what reason exactly? Unemployment or what is your problem? You should emigrate to India to teach them how to hadle those problems.

--
ciao Ban
Bordighera, Italy

Uh ? As well as what ?

Please don't trim the previous post completely. I'd like to see what point you were responding to without having to back up the thread to see whose post you're replying to.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

WTF is an H1B visa. Something American I'll guess. Only Americans can be so arrogant as to assume they're the only ppl of interest.

A non-starter what ?

WTF has Hinduism got to do with anything ?

Indian nationalism got themselves independence in 1948 - WTF are you talking about again ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Cheers, Frank.

I thought maybe I was having a bad dream.

The OP clearly has *no* idea about either India or China ( btw - I've been to both ) .

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

"Pooh Bear" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com...

so

Sort of thinking out loud, only making sense to himself, and posted it all by accident ;)

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)

Yes, it is an AMERICAN thing. It is of no interest outside to anyone outside the US unless they are trying to get certain jobs in the US. It has absolutely nothing to with arrogance in the US, but you are apparently very ignorant of the US imigration laws.

H1B AKA "Green card"

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Why should anyone care/know what the green card is? i have no great desire to leave my country.

I agree that the internet came into existence because of DARPA but now it has become an internationale thing. Why the dickens should one know of idiocycrasies of of the AMerican hoi-pollai?

:-)

Regards hg

--
to reply remove STOP from email addy
Reply to

the

Yep. They call them something else ;-)

Try waltzing into Canada or Australia to "work".

I was warned before going to Australia to lecture, "You're just a tourist".

Flying into Canada (Toronto) a few years ago, I was tired and sleepy and used the words, "Design Review".

I was then accosted by "The Fat Broad" and interrogated in a separate room, was I "working"??

I had to turn on my best West Virginia country boy crude to get her to go away ;-)

...Jim Thompson

I read in sci.electronics.design that harsha godavari wrote (in ) about 'I hope India's costs rise!', on Mon, 29 Aug 2005:

So that you can accuse them of parochialism when they don't know how things are done in your country.

John Woodgate

Maybe the OP thinks that the only country Indians might want to emigrate to is the USA ? Maybe the OP is ignorant that there's a whole world out there that doesn't have H1B visas.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

US ski resorts hire a lot of Aussies, which works out for them to ski year-round.

Reply to
Richard Henry

I read in sci.electronics.design that The Real Andy wrote (in ) about 'I hope India's costs rise!', on Tue, 30 Aug 2005:

Do they actually like ANY country other than Oz? (;-)

John Woodgate

the

doesn't

Its funny, in Australia a lot of people dislike the US. I am yet to figure out why, perhaps its because of all the cultural influences that are drifting in here or perhaps the small brained attitude toward global trade agreements, who knows. The US is by no means a small country and does have a large affect on the world. What I find more amusing is that when a US citizen turns up here, Australians love them....

Me personally, I am sweating on that new E3 (i think) visa so I can come and do some work in the US. I would love to travel there and work to support a decent holiday..

As for india and china, welcome to economic growth supported by the ever growing world population. They will get rich (china is there already i think) and some other third world country will take over. When there are no thirld world countries left, it will be the lowest paid western country that takes the work. I wonder how long this cycle will take to complete.

NOTE: This is my opinion and is probably wrong, i am good at being wrong.

Reply to
The Real Andy

Hello John,

Yes. South Australia because that's where the nice red wine comes from :-)

Regards, Joerg

Joerg