I-80 closed

Interstate 80, from Colfax to Reno, has been closed for about a week. That can't be good for the electronic supply chain.

I guess it's like the housing crunch. No one expected housing prices to recede because it had never happened before. Well, not since 1990 anyway.

I guess that highway never gets closed because of snow.

Reply to
Rick C

There are always alternatives. I-40 down under seldom close due to snow.

Reply to
Ed Lee

I80 is basically the old Lincoln Highway, the first coast-to-coast road in the USA. It's amazing to me that it would be closed for a week. You'd think that Mr Brandon would call out the US Army or something to clear the snow.

I suppose we'll have to keep all the bananas and coffee beans and Hondas for ourselves.

Those of us east of Donner Pass can buy Indians. They're in Iowa.

. There's a link at the bottom to guide you to the best choice for you.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Hardly. Do the words "Donner Party" bring back any memories? I-80 gets closed regularly in the winter. This is just taking longer to shovel out....

Reply to
David Lesher

I-40/I-15 might close overnight due to icy condition, but usually passable during the day. Truckers know to take the southern route in winter.

Reply to
Ed Lee

You need to learn about sarcasm. Most people figure that out at around 13 years old.

Reply to
Rick C

An article here talking about a truck that drove itself from Tucson to Phoenix, AZ

Human drivers can adjust for patches of snow and such. I wonder if that's been worked out on this experimental unit.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman