HV cables (5kV rated for 200 degrees C)

I am working on a project that legitimate requirement for such cable. I have not been able to find such as a stock product. I am uneasy about the temperature rating of EPR and XLPE insulation materials.

Reply to
JosephKK

There are silicone insulated cables rated for these voltages/temps. We use them in the lighting industry for cables connecting ignitors to lampholders. They are not cheap however.

JB

Reply to
JB

The only UL wire styles rated for 200degC or higher use TFE (1180) or inorganic (5107~mica) insulation. While silicone may serve to 200C, it is not employed in UL wire styles above 160degC.

HV cables above 1KV are outside the range of standard UL provenance. For AC voltage ratings, resistance to formation of corona is important

- again a property of teflon.

RL

Reply to
legg

You say cable, but is what you really mean WIRE? As in a single conductor?

Try Thermax.

GoldIntermetallicEmbrittlement

If you have to use silicone use RTV

Reply to