how to tell if opamp is unity gain stable

s is to check out the open loop phase margin and make sure it's over... I d unno... about 30 degrees... is this it?  Don't most opamps have decent op en loop phase margin?  Should I be saying open loop phase margin or does just saying phase margin imply that you are talking about the open loop pha se margin of the opamp?

This is a strange post. Your question shows that you know enough about this to not need an answer from anyone. Secondly, just how much does anyone really worry about unity gain stability in op amps anymore? It seems that every op made for the last 20 years is unity gain stable.

Reply to
brent

opamps

is

in a

_open_loop_gain_

say

0dB.

The concept is useful in all cases. That aspect related to the definition. It can be measured and used both open and closed loop.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk