How to bias a CS mosfet, a different approach

--
And you?
Reply to

mosfets.

--
That's a ridiculous claim which can easily be disproved by examining
our posting histories.

mosfets.

Note how "Larkin-the-Narcissist" avoids a technical comment on my mutiple posts... what a fairy! ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]

I tried it and found that there was an improvement, but not a "much better" improvement. Not really worth the effort of modifying the circuit.

How did you determine it was "much better"?

John S

Reply to
John S

mosfets.

Heck, you both screwed up. You a lot worse than Thompson, of course.

But maybe he'll defend your circuits.

John

Almost no DC error as V+ changes, and a much higher impedance load on the RC, hence on the output node.

The DC servo is of course a 2nd order loop, so its dynamics have to be considered. I think someone posted a 3rd order loop.

John

mosfets.

How would you know? You have killfiled me.

Idiot.

John

"Almost" and "much higher" doesn't cut it, John. Got some numbers? Or, as requested the LTSpice schematic to prove what you are asserting?

John S

Reply to
John S

I don't have to prove it. It's all obvious.

John

mosfets.

--
Trolling?
Reply to

mosfets.

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCm5chXtLnI
Reply to

--
Time wounds all heels.
Reply to

Sno-o-o-o-ort! Consider that line stolen for personal use ;-) ...Jim Thompson

[On the Road, in New York]

mosfets.

Just curious as to where his loyalties, if any, lay.

John

Like most of JF's wisdom, it's an ancient cliche. And an oddly bizarre one here.

So, which of these two PNP feedback circuits do you think will work better, the common-base or the diffamp? Would you have to Spice both before you can decide?

Or are you going to pretend that you can't see this post?

John

mosfets.

--
Why is that any of your business?
Reply to

circuit.

--
Apropos, actually, although you can't see why.
Reply to

mosfets.

Really, you should try to be a little consistant. You and your bumchums are constantly discussing my personality, and playing passive-agressive lurker games, when you might talk about electronics. But you get all huffy when I examine your motives.

Thompson can

  1. Be loyal to you

  1. Be loyal to electronics and truth

  2. Chicken out and pretend he can't see my posts.

Odds favor (3), cluckwise.

Only (2) is good engineering.

John

circuit.

Given our relative ages, and electronic design activity, you seem to be getting wounded a lot faster than I am.

John

circuit.

--
Red herring non-sequitur, but if that's what you want to talk about,
that's fine with me.

On my end, ever since I started posting to USENET (15 or 20 years ago,
IIRC) I've always posted schematics, either ASCIImatics (thanks,
Steve. :-) or .pdf's and, in the last few years, since I've learned to
use LTspice, LTspice .asc drawings and circuit lists to the text-based
newsgroups in news:sci.electronics.* in order that my ideas for
solutions to querants' requests for help could be tested by anyone
interested.

I've also posted the source code, as well as the compiled source, as
.exe's, used to generate the results of many simulations as graphical
plots released as executables generated by QB4.
Reply to
John Fields