How safe are websites that require credit card info?

And the vinegar >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Citibank has the virtual card numbers, works well. Only problem is Amazon and multiple vendors, each vendor needs a different number.

Martin Riddle

It is *never* safe to use the Internet without virus protection and a firewall. If you have any fears about transaction safety consider using paypal or better yet a prepaid credit card.

I read further down the thread that someone recommends getting a single use number/pin from the bank. These are safer but not totally safe. There have been active exploits of these systems in Europe using what is called man-in-the-middle attacks.

The "bullet proof" solution is a $20 prepaid credit card which you discard after use.

Reply to
David Eather