How much of he populace will fully appreciate this comic?

Sjouke Burry wrote:

...especially the 50V battery with a ground on each end.

Reply to
JeffM

Hold the tip of a scope probe in one hand. You should see a bunch of

60 Hz hum on the screen. Hold one end of a diode in the other hand, and touch the free end to ground. The waveform will change. It will tell you if the diode's good, the diode polarity, and something about the junction capacitance and whether it's a PN or schottky.

John

Or the square root of 2 battery?

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What the heck does that have to do with giving someone a diode?

Reply to
Robert Baer

..._NOW_ it is starting to make sense and (indirectly) maybe fukky. Thanks.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Only if it survives the ESD...

Reply to
Robert Baer

I guess you didn't read my appology, so again, I posted in error.

Reply to
PeterD

Look more carefully at the drawing.

She says "hold the end of this diode",

notice which end "he" is holding on to,

remember which direction is current flow (standard).

Ok, get it now ?

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

Sorry, the term is "Conventional Current" flow vs "Electron flow".

hamilton

Think about that one.

John

To make things right, is to rectify the situation.

Reply to
whit3rd

TheM

Apologies that only go one way.