How is voltage rating on capacitor determined ?

Figure 6 here

shows only a 10% change in C for voltages greater than ~40V. (It does look to be dropping like a rock after that... more data would be nice.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I think I could make a parametric amplifier using the nonlinearity of a hi-K ceramic cap. Not that I'd have any use for it.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

The X7R curves are very pessimistic. I generally underrate X7Rs about 50% and the datasheets show about 70-80% of the 0V capacitance. Use the datasheets. That's what they're there for.

Reply to
krw

Bias up the cap and make it a vibration sensor... ? With PA's there's some threshold stimulus.... Does that mean you'd have to wiggle it with AC too?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold