How did they control Topo Gigio

I got an email with pictures of things you might not recognize if you aren't at least 55 years old. One of those was Topo Gigio. I watched a video and his movements, head control, mouth movement, arms are so good I don't know how they did that in 1966/67. Your thoughts.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

The little mouse was as complicated as he was cute. His creator, Maria Perego of Milan, Italy, controlled his legs with her fingers and opened and closed his mouth with her other hand using rods. Actor Giuseppe Mazullo voiced Topo while two other puppeteers moved his arms.

Caspi

Here's a hint, the background is so dark for a reason.

Reply to
WangoTango