How about it? Experiments of the third kind , take 999999.

How about it? Experiments of the third kind , take 999999. Update: 7 days The experiment was started last week, and now clocks 7 days. Status normal. Next report after 1 month.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

website URL again?

Reply to
Bill Beaty

So when are you going to make the raw data available for analysis?

Daily mean and standard deviation would be a start - though hourly figures would be better since that would show any diurnal variation.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

On a sunny day (Fri, 25 May 2012 12:53:33 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Bill Beaty wrote in :

I have not had the chance to make a real website for this (IIRC ???). The old version of the source code is on the website under

but the index file does not have it. I made some changes to the source to fix a data verify bug because of page address flipping over after 64 bytes in the EEPROMs (was hard to find), caused spurious errors, imagine you write to 3 bytes to address 510 with auto increment (in a 32 kB EEPROM). Guess where 512 goes... so much for 'auto increment', I would not advertise it as such. Microchip does however, yes it is in the datasheet once you read it standing on your head. Anyways since that fix it works OK (took the easy way out, write ONE byte at the time).

If I am not lost in space without communication before the experiment ends I will make a webpage. In that case all data and the actual soft used will be published. The issue is now to keep it running. Added a visual alarm (blue flashing LED) to the acoustic alarm and a switch position for 'night operation', it also blocks the serial input against rough EMP. Every now and then I connect it to a laptop and ask for status: panteltje10: ~ # ptlrc -d /dev/ttyUSB0 -b 115200 Panteltje ptlrc-0.7 using device /dev/ttyUSB0 Escape exits.

PWM 44 clock calibration 244

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Sat, 26 May 2012 09:21:13 +0100) it happened Martin Brown wrote in :

See my other reply :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

So you are going to wait a year and then assert "Einstein was wrong" and provide no evidence whatsoever to back up your ludicrous claims.

Iff your experiment is working the data from the first month should already be sufficient to determine the half life of tritium with moderate accuracy. It has to be a lot better than that if you are going to detect a 0.1% or less seasonal variation in its value.

Allow some people who understand data analysis to take a look at your data and your experiment might be made sensitive enough to detect what you are seeking to find. Running blind you have no chance.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown