Hotest/coolest spots in automotive environments

Which brand has the highest crash rate ?>:-} ...Jim Thompson

A long time ago trams had ballast resistors on top of the vehicle to dissipate the breaking power.

Reply to
upsidedown

Some cars have electric speed-sensitive steering.

That's a $2700 module.

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

I don't think I've had a car that didn't have hydraulic-assisted steering, that was speed sensitive, for at least 25 years. ...Jim Thompson

I believe that Mercedes had brake-by-wire on production cars for a few years recently, but discontinued it in favor of "conventional" hydraulic brakes. I don't know much more about it than that.

Supercapacitors are great for absorbing that "I was going 60 mph (100 km/h) and I slammed on the brakes" charge. However, you then have to build an inverter that works over an input range of 1 to 300 V to get all the energy back out of them.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Diesel-electric locomotives still have these. They are somewhere near the top and have big fans on them to help dissipate heat. Occasionally they fail while in use, which 1) looks spectacular and 2) gives the engineer cause for concern, especially if he is still on the hill.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Just make one for 200v to 400v and switch them into series with the

200v battery when the cap gets too low.
--
umop apisdn
Reply to