Hook up strobe light to bass speaker

k its me again that topics got wierd, anyways, i just want something easy with parts i can buy, to hook up a strobe light to flash everytime my music hits a base note

k now i want

  1. it to be easily changed so i can change the frequency on it and sensitivity
  2. not some little board gizmo thingy that i have to buy a bazillion little parts to make

and from what i heard i need some type of a sensor or mike, a low-pass filter, and a SCR i think as the basics

Reply to
unsuperman

Triac and you need a safety isolating transformer.

I did this kind of thing 36 yrs ago.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

k and can anyone gimme directions on how to install all of this?

Reply to
unsuperman

Google "color organ" and review the options. Only you can decide where the buy/build decision is made. In general, though, you'll either make it from discrete IC components plus a handfull of passives (either as a kit or from plans) or buy a complete, UL-listed, fully assembled, off- the-shelf box.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Paper clip in each hand, then insert both simultaneously into AC outlet, and "the beat goes on" ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

k can anybody gimmie direction how to make a cheap simple helicopter i can commute to work over all that traffic. not all those bazillion screws and wirse and stuff, just goes real fast and good a/c and sound system. awaiting your rapid plans.

Please post to S.E.B, that's where the **real** experts hang out ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Go to A.S.B. - they will know just what to do with you.

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Wow, both of these posters appear asleep at the switch on this one.

John, don't put your tongue so far in your cheek, you get your face so distorted that some may not recognize you.

--
JosephKK
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to