Home made enameled wire ???

Would anybody know if there is some kind of coating or paint that I could coat cooper wire to make some kind of homemade enameled wire.

Thanks

Reply to
orvillefpike

I've been tempted to do this myself but didn't and ordered enameled wire instead. I still remember my crazy application idea... Stretch wire out, coat it and then spin it with a drill.. Do it outside ..this is messy..

As for a coating...I don't know.. I was tempted to try: epoxy methacrylate urethane or high heat engine paint

It would be nice if the coating is a poor dielectric to reduce interwinding capacitance.

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC