high value 0.1% resistors

John, we know that you need to feel more expert than everybody else, but th e rest of us could follow what John Fields was saying there - it was all me aningful, even if you didn't feel like taking it seriously - and dismissing it as "word salad", was less-than-civilised behaviour.

Acting like a snotty prick, in my venacular.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I guess you don't have any relationships, or anything like that, then.

My customers pay for engineering. John's pay for products. The business model is quite different.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFmv22ghzQw
Reply to

My app isn't high voltage. In fact, the voltage across all of the resistors is essentially constant, about 8 volts.

The best I can find, so far, is 0.25%, from Vishay.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

John Larkin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Chip resistors are manufactured either by sputtering a thin film of resistive material across the ceramic substrate, or by extruding a thick film of resistive epoxy.

Thin film resistor can be laser trimmed to much tighter tolerance than thick film ones, but thin film is limited in the maximum resistance per surface dimensions.

2.5MOhms is about 3 times higher than any thin film resistor I've ever found. 9.25% is very tight tolerance for a thick film resistor. You'll have to live with it.
--
Bob Q.
PA is y I've altered my address.

Projection.

Reply to
krw

Pot calling the keddle black ?

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

On Saturday, 29 March 2014 09:15:34 UTC+11, Maynard A. Philbrook Jr. wrote :

t the rest of us could follow what John Fields was saying there - it was al l meaningful, even if you didn't feel like taking it seriously - and dismis sing it as "word salad", was less-than-civilised behaviour.

How would Jamie know? He can't tell the difference between a pot and a kett le.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

You know what, I corrected that word prior to sending it

"kettle" and it still sent it incorrectly!

WAPOS client.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- I've notice this a few times and I thought it was just me, words I corrected still got sent out prior to correction, or edited lines that were corrected but ordinal line sent out.

No wonder this client isn't supported/Worked on any more.

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

I'll take that for "no."

Precision electronic instrumentation

I think you've been on excessive amounts of POT! That is the only explanation I can come up with that even comes close to explaining your unorthodox mental dysfunctions, and you have many.

The Austrian Gov. took on a big burden when they let you in the country. I think they got caught off guard while taking people's guns away and you happen to slip in under the radar.

What a pita..

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

maybe

date

changed the

resistor

The rev B

build

to find.

So you can't do that kind of work. Thought so.

Reply to
josephkk

On Saturday, 29 March 2014 12:13:53 UTC+11, Maynard A. Philbrook Jr. wrote :

rote:

ll

the

, but the rest of us could follow what John Fields was saying there - it wa s all meaningful, even if you didn't feel like taking it seriously - and di smissing it as "word salad", was less-than-civilised behaviour.

kettle.

I post stuff that's too complicated for Jamie to follow. That's a fairly or thodox mental function, and the dysfunction is all Jamie's, as below

I live in Australia - the extra three letters are significant. Austria is i n the northern hemisphere - the same one you live in - and they speak Germa n there, albeit with an odd accent. Since I was born in Australia, the Aust ralian government wasn't in a position to keep me out, and since I was clea red to "Most Secret" at one point when I was working in a lab with military connections, they probably didn't feel the need.

Jamie isn't allowed back where he came from, and he finds the rejection pai nful.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

John Larkin is famous for his capacity for flattering self-deception.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I guess it is time for me to recheck modern manufacturing practice. I remember thick film as screened on and baked. ISTR some of them were ceramic base materials that had to be fired. But that may be more related to some forms of hybrid processing. This is the first i heard of it being extruded.

Reply to
josephkk

When I was working at Cambridge Instruments we needed a weakly conductive l ayer on a ceramic surface (machinable alumina - Macor), and ended up painti ng it with thick film ink and firing it - the metal oxide was mixed with so me relatively low-melting glass frit, and getting it to about 600C melted i t, and locked everything into place. I think we were using a 1G per square ink.

Our tame physicist bitched that the electron beam would charge up the bits of glass but the conducting ink was continuous enough that it didn't matter . We got the electric field we wanted where we wanted it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On a sunny day (Fri, 28 Mar 2014 19:49:07 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Bill Sloman wrote in :

John has given me ideas for several useful things that actually work. You OTOH has, with your 'designs' made me laugh and cry.

The way I understand your move to the upside down area of earth is that you were extradited form .nl.

Maybe walking upside down there will have some blood and fresh oxygen sink to your head and thing may improve. Or your head will be even bigger....

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

josephkk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Passing an ink or an epoxy through a screen is an extrusion process. Your explanation is clearer than mine.

--
Bob Q.
PA is y I've altered my address.
Reply to
Bob Quintal

Well, you've just defined your intellectual level, as one of the international fraternity of tinkerers, united in not using mathematical insights to help the design process.

Your understanding of that is as sound as your grasp of electronics.

Nobody had any cause to have me extracted from the Netherlands, and I wasn't - in consequence - "extradited". If your grasp of English was up to the usual standards of educated Dutch people you'd be aware of that.

It seems your grasp of physics is on par with your other skills.

-- Bill Sloman, Sydney

Reply to
Bill Sloman

On a sunny day (Sat, 29 Mar 2014 04:43:07 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Bill Sloman wrote in :

I do think you have things upside down a bit :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje