High speed differential to single ended

Hi,

What is the best way to convert a differential DVI signal to single ended for use in an FPGA?

I was thinking high speed op amp in unity gain, but unsure of this as I'm not an analog circuit buff.

I also need to take the output ports of the FPGA and convert them to differential signals. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks.

Reply to
svasanth

Isn't LVDS differential? Most FPGAs support it.

Leon

Reply to
Leon

Hi,

I'm using a very low cost Xilinx Spartan FPGA, and it doesn't natively support differential I/O.

Thanks

Reply to
vans

There are LVDS receivers such as the Texasinstruments

65LVDT2

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

Fairchild FIN1031/1032 (some of my design work for Fairchild ;-)

...Jim Thompson

The products you are looking for are differential line drivers / receivers / transceivers.

You probably don't want to use an op-amp or a normal comparator.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac