High quality 3D electrical components library?

Does one exist?

One I created in SW. Looking for more of the standard stuff. Standard passives and transistor packages, and possibly headers/connectors. Just don't want to do it all myself ;/ The models, of course, need to be mechanically accurate.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Not complete, but interesting....

Martin Riddle

Jon - there are some very reasonably priced PCB design packages out there - you don't *have* to use SolidWorks. :-)

(Actually I am interested in what you are doing - I have SW and design a lot of boards but I've never felt any urge to accurately mechanically model a chip.)

Michael Kellett

Reply to
MK

Looks pretty cool.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

SW is for the 3D and for simulating the mechanical properties of the board.

Look at that eagle3D. Basically what I want to do. I might try it out. One would think there would be a collection of 3D IC packages for all the common stuff along with many other things. Maybe there is but I'm having a hard time finding it.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

I found this by accident, perhaps there are more models in SolidJerks on the 3dcontentcentral site.

But I think POV Ray is a better solution for those visual people. Second to pencil and paper.

Martin Riddle