Hiding component Values/Designators in Altium

Hi to all. How does one go about hiding the component values / designators on a pcb in Altium designer. In Protel99se you could select the value and click the hide checkbox. Then by selecting the global option you could hide all the values on the top overlay. I don't want to have to individually hide all the values and designators. I'm sure Altium will do it , I'm just not sure how. I dont want to turn off the Top Overlay layer because I will lose the component outlines. Any tip will be helpful. cheers Rob

Reply to
neddie

Global editing still exists in Altium, but it is much different than in 99se.

You need to use "Find Similar Object" (or something like that) to select the items to be changed. The process should be explained in the help files, I think (It's been a few months since I last used Altium, so I've forgotten the details - but once you figure it out, it works well.)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca

Right click on the text and select "Find Similar Objects", this has replaced the old "global" feature. Then you get a whole bunch of options for masking out exactly what you want. Once you do that and hit OK it will select all those matching objects and give you an edit box to change the global parameters. Then you select Hide and it will change them all for you.

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones

ced

nt.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

log.com

Thanks a lot guys , got it now. I did try and use that , but didn't get it working , and thought I was on the wrong track. Once I knew I was on the right track I've given it another go an got it working. Cheers Rob

Reply to
neddie