Help needed for microcontroller based project.

Strike the "Indian" and you'll encompass the whole world.

Sometimes people (even 'mericans -- trust me on this, I was a teacher's assistant when I was in grad school) manage to get through school without having this detail impressed on them. I suspect that people in American schools are better at this now, and most folks can turn to their friends (or their frat, if they're so inclined) -- but some people are just born followers, and have trouble when they're thrust into a leadership position like this.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Doesn't need to understand, just ask the questions: What are you going to do? How long will it take you? How much will it cost? But, it does help to learn how to 'hold' people to the answers that he/she gets. Appropriately 'yelling' You only did that! You took far too long! and Get THAT cost down!

Reply to
RobertMacy

For a manager, understanding can be a hindrance. How is a manager suppposed to ask you to reduce your estimate if he understands that that really makes no sense.

Also, how is a manager to ask (as one did of me), for an estimate of what the estimate will be, if he has the remotest understanding of what an estimate is?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Then go home.