Help needed for microcontroller based project.

You're too charitable. The original posting was way over the "do it for us" threshold, very close to if not actually over the "here is a collection of stuff we were told we had to use, tell us what to do with it" line.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

I read the original posting and wondered what the question was. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe they did pick all their own components, but really they are at the point of "OK we have a plan, now let's break it up and get to work." Are "all the ICs compatible?" Give me a break...read a datasheet once in a while. No idea what PCB CAD programs are out there, or which ones your school has available, or whether it is possible to automatically go from schema to layout? Not funny. Teach us how to use C++? I don't exactly have guru-level grasp of C++, preferring to use assembly on microcontrollers, but even I know that you don't pick up C++ on a whim. And what does "In our syllabus we have learnt C/C++" mean, exactly? Obviously the syllabus is not based in reality, but who made the syllabus and why does it apply?

Reply to
cbm5

Hi Spehro Pefhany, I will take your criticism on a positive note. You have mentioned that datasheets can help us know about compatibility. What are the parameters one should check to assess the compatibilty of any two IC's? Thanks and with best regards, Adam Mashraqui. (on behalf of the group)

Reply to
adam

Put them in a room all alone ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

Yes but assuming that you consider the US at least something like a leader, you should cast your mind back to the sorts of posting we saw from US students in the past.

You only need 1% idiots to make a lot of evidence of idoits.

kensmith@rahul.net   forging knowledge
Reply to
Ken Smith
[snip]

"Paper Chase", one of my all-time favorites !-)

...Jim Thompson

You don't think the lobbyists have gotten out of control with the legislators (most of whom are lawyers)? How about Jack Abramoff?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

And the Guardian (unbiased my ass) article has WHAT to do with the MOVIE "Paper Chase", which is about a student at Harvard Law School?

I think the most corrupt country is France, hands down.

...Jim Thompson

He also seems to have mixed up the follow-ups, as I mentioned nothing about datasheets in this thread. cmb5 was the one who mentioned that.

You know, electronics is a really detail-oriented business, at least on the technical end of things. I'm tempted to do a John Houseman (as Charles W. Kingsfield Jr.) and offer them Rs. 5 apiece to call their moms/mums.. but that wouldn't be nice.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

So the movie "Paper Chase" caused Jack Abramoff to subvert the legislators ??

BTW, the movie is not about legislators, or really even about lawyers, it's about a student.

I rather enjoyed it... made me reminisce about my student life at MIT ;-)

...Jim Thompson

. . .

I don't much mind being mistaken for you, but I can see how the feeling might not be mutual.

Reply to
cbm5

Wasn't "Good Will Hunting" also filmed up there, pretending to be MIT ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 17:05:47 -0700, Jim Thompson wrote: ...

Uh, this is a joke, right?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Somehow, I have the impression that in his plea-bargain, he's going to flip a lot of very important crooked people.

As a Libertarian and stoner Hipppie, that would make my heart sing. :-)

Cheers! Rich

--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
Reply to

What's an "idoit"?

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk

A lot of it was filmed at the University of Toronto (pretending to be Harvard, of course).

The two iconic law school movies... "Paper Chase" and "Legally Blonde" (much of the latter filmed in Pasadena, pretending to be Harvard).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I'm disturbed that you need to ask that question if you're supposedly studying electronics including hardware design !

Do you any ideas at all how one would decide if 2 ICs were 'compatible'. I'm very curious.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Yes, at UofT and at Central Tech, a large technical high school not far off the UofT downtown campus.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Somalia isn't on the list, one way or the other.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

I thought they all starved to death.

Reply to