help, need low cost dual servo motor closed loop control

Hi,

I am in need of a fairly low cost (certainly under $100) method of controlling 2 servo motors, 36V at 4 amp cont. I am familiar with the osmc group's work, and may use something along the lines of a HIP4082 driving some medium size mosfets. I am familiar with the atmel avr line of microcontrollers and so would really like to use them. I am considering a small xilinx cpld to do the quadrature decoding.

I looked around for some application notes on servo controllers on the Atmel website but didn't see much. Do any of you know of a past project doing something along these lines?

Thanks!

Reply to
Jake