Help identify SMA connector

A coworker came to me today looking for some SMA connectors that mounted on a circuit card, an evaluation board. They were quite different than what I have on hand. The base flange was larger probably 400mils with the four corner pins on a larger spacing about

300mils. The center pin was significantly smaller, perhaps 20mils diameter. Anyone here know a source of these launchers?

Thank you. al

Reply to
mickgeyver

Gotta launch an investigation.

SMA is SMA. SMB is SMB. It is what it is, and if it ain't those, it is some other HF coaxial connector form factor. SMC, SMZ, SSMB, MCX, FAKRA SMB. De list, she goes on...

Take a look at some connectors on a site where they are sold, and see if you see your style there.

I see a bunch at Newark:

Chieftain of the Carpet Crawle

Have you asked the company that made the evaluation board? Or even looked at the B.O.M. for the board?

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The reduced diameter of the centre pin suggests that it might be a 75R SMA connector, rather than the regular 50R. I didn't know that they existed, but google does

You may have some trouble finding out who sells them.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

You might try Pasternack. They carry just about everything.

lektric.dan

sternack.com/

rch.htm

is the first twelve of 38 possible alternatives.

Some of them do have the smaller centre pin.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

If you want to support spammers, that is.

Teflon coated.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell