Help getting RF out of AL. box

I find I can adjust the bubbles from a sitting position with no problem.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Joerg, Joerg.. always trying to raise the level of conversation. ;-)

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Anybody seen the Lion+Witch+Wardrobe flic yet?

John

Just how big is this boat? If you're out on the deck, isn't it a good idea to be tethered anyway? If you drop a corded phone over the side, you can just pull it up, rinse it off in fresh water, let it dry, and everything is fine. If you drop a cordless handset over the side, you have to either buy a replacement or get out your mask and snorkel and go retrieve it from the muck at the bottom, unless you're out at sea, in which case, you're probably using the wrong equipment in the first place. ;-)

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Wait a minute. Something's wrong with this picture.

You have a "cordless" phone on a _boat_?

How is the base connected to the telco? Can't you just use your cell phone?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

And who do you need to talk to on the telephone, when you're out on your boat?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 19:32:58 -0800, John Larkin wrote: ...

Because Jim Thompson is a rich fat white guy?

--
Flap!
The Pig Bladder from Uranus, still waiting for that

Only if at least half of them are girls.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk

Haven't seen "Shrek II" yet, huh?

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk

One of the few things I learned in college is that that "air" is flammable. ;-P

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, but drunk

They all do.

I grew up in New Orleans. We were poor, so when we couldn't afford hamburger to make a meat loaf, we ate shrimp.

Where are you? What's a pound of shrimp going for, dockside?

Try it!

John

The original thread "getting RF out of AL. box" seems to have degenerated. My 22ft x 10ft pontoon boat is a floating retail shrimp outlet. I have a phone line connected to the boat. I have a "Push for service" button on the boat, it will beep a sonalert in the boat ( in case I'm, um, resting). If I'm walking on the marina, talking to the girls, visiting the store, etc. the "Push for service" button will cause the handheld to ring so I know I have a customer. I bought a phone system that has three handheld phones so if I drop one I have another! The walls and ceiling are aluminum and the signal from the base is attenuated. I ran a coax from the phone inside to the top of the boat today, about 20ft, and didn't get a chance to test it. Should I wrap turns around the antenna or just place the coax center conductor parallel with the antenna ( about 2 in long)?

P.S. I had this all working well with a walkie talkie, but one of them got wet during one of the hurricanes, and I haven't found one with the same call system. With this new phone sytem I'll have an answering machine and caller ID.

Reply to
amdx

If they like it, I'll like it. Loved the books.

Thanks.

John

It's the water!

John

Hello Spehro,

But that would be the bubbles in the champagne, wouldn't they?

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I thought about this, but the answering machine and other functions wouldn't be available.

Reply to
amdx

I'm selling head on 26/30 count for $5.00 and 10/15 count for $6.00. By the time you take the head off and peel it, it comes to about $10 or $11 a pound. I'm in the panhandle of Florida. But then I do get those people that tell me they can buy those for $1.50 off the boat in N.O. ( it's a 7 hour drive to N.O.) Mike P.S. The shrimp in our bay are better than any N.O. shrimp, even before Katrina!

Reply to
amdx

Hello Jim,

No, no, in your case that would be a Shiraz. No bubbles.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Hello Spehro,

Just to broaden our view some more, and this is not a joke: There was a local clothes designer who fashioned new swim wear for men that would not bulge up in the spa. The concern was that the sudden release of air from under the water could be mis-interpreted. Guess you know what I mean here...

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

C. saw it with four rambunctious ~ten-year-old boys. The latter were on the edge of their seats the whole time. She said it was really well done.