Help for designing MIL-STD 1553 boards.

hi all Hope this is the correct place to post this message.

I need help from some one who did MIL-STD-1553B projects. I am new to designing area. Can some one show me the path of how to design a board with ms1553B to interface at least 10 serial port sensors? I have studied 1553b tutorials available in net , most of which give info on only protocol concepts but not on design aspects and design hardware.

Thanks in advance. Manohar

Reply to
p.manohar.reddy

1553 can be a real bitch to design to and get certified -- to the point where all of the (few) devices that I've seen just buy a module from one of a few vendors, and interface to the module to actually get information.

Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the companies who are big on selling the modules -- but this may point you in the right direction.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Several different hybrid houses... National Hybrid, Aeroflex, Microrel (may no longer be in the business), Device Engineering Inc (chips only), DDC, etc.

Chips by yours truly ;-)

1553 is NOT for amateurs... many ways to get bitten.

...Jim Thompson

DDC

Richard Henry

We use one from ILC Data Device Corporation Their website

also has lots of 1553 design guides, application notes etc.

Another outfit that sells IP FPGA cores is Condor Engineering.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Stephens

information.

Mine was when the customer insisted that their interface was floating balanced pair, and the returns were actually grounded.

Had to show them their own schematic.

Our chips got hot pumping signals into ground, but worked anyway.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Thanks for the reply.

we are into building a single board solution in which we interface with

ten serial communication ports of RS-232 and also 4 USB interfaces. All this with M-S-1553B standard implemented into it.

Presently I am studying various aspects and feasibility of designing this. Latter a better approach will be considered.

Can some one please give details of design using processors for MS1553B

boards.

manohar

Reply to
p.manohar.reddy