headrests and chocolates

We were just at Molly Stone's, a high-end grocery store. Ritter Sport chocolate bars, made in Germany, 100 grams, are $2.26. I can get them at a little store near work for $1.99. How much do they cost in Europe?

We were waiting for a Volvo to get out of our way, and I asked Mo "I wonder why Volvos have those gigantic head-rests." So she explained it to me.

Oh, one of my guys bought the Nuhertz filter design software, the version for passive filter designs. He whipped out a 7-pole transitional gaussian lowpass with a notch at 125 MHz, a predistorted (finite-Q) design, all stock-value parts, and it's fabulous. That's the filter I'd been struggling with now and then for a couple of months.

John

Ha...I almost added chocolates to my spam keyword list.. But noticed the author.. :)

D from BC British Columbia Canada

Reply to
D from BC

In Italy: 1 euro in small shops and self-service dispensers, a bit less in supermarket

Reply to
mmm

John Larkin schrieb:

In Germany, today: 0.85 euro in supermarket

Reply to
Martin Siegwarth

Currently computers shine best taking heavy calculation loads off human minds. That is part of the reason SPICE is so popular amongst us. The second thing that computers can enhance is thought experiments, which is where the best current value is.

Reply to
JosephKK

I had been using Spice to optimize the filter, starting with a textbook transitional gaussian design, but a 7-pole filter is sufficiently confusing that I kept getting "lost in space", the solution space, that is. The Nuhertz thing was worth its $2000 for this single filter design alone.

John

If it is that good i will call you next time i need a difficult filter.

Reply to
JosephKK