He still has it, even at 60.

Very entertaining stuff.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I can't believe that none of you watched this absolutely hilarious video.

On Wed, 13 Apr 2016 21:52:56 -0400, DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno Gave us:

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

It was pretty good.

The others were arguing about bike pumps. :=)

Andy

Reply to
Andy K

Fight-staging is choreography. Willis has obviously had plenty of practice, but the interviewer must have had to do quite a few run-throughs to make it look smooth.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 08:39:27 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@ieee.org Gave us:

No shit.

Steven Colbert knows a lot more than you think he does. He is the one who came up with the skit, ya friggin twit.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I saw several seconds of the annoying Microsoft ad.

Everybody: as soon as you can, bail out of video ads. Make them worthless.

lunatic fringe electronics

Les Cargill
Reply to
Les Cargill

YouTube Red is already here. (How they figure that'll never get confused with abother color-tube, I don't know...) "Free*" video won't be here forever. Enjoy it while it lasts. (Or get Adblock and stop whining and accelerate the process, all at once...)

Tim

--
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Website: http://seventransistorlabs.com

And then no one will watch.

Enjoy stupid ads that don't load properly and waste bandwidth? Nah.

Doesn't always work, though let it die.

Reply to
krw

k smooth.

I don't know Steve Colbert from a bar of soap, so I don't have any idea of what he knows. He hasn't made a habit of starring in dramatic action movies , and TV interviewers typically don't have stunt man training, and those th at might have wouldn't get much practice.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Bruce Willis apparently used a stunt double. Not sure about Stephen Colbert but probably also a stunt double:

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 21:16:08 -0700, Jeff Liebermann Gave us:

Vedy intewesting.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

In other words, fake made-up nonsense.

lunatic fringe electronics

On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 09:24:44 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

I take it back. You're not a dork. You're an abject idiot.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I think that's the definition of "entertainment". If you want reality, honesty, and truth, popular media is not where you'll find these.

If you watch the fight scene in slow motion, you can see where the stunt doubles arrived, and where the real actors were present. This should work:

It's easy to tell because you won't see the stunt doubles faces clearly. Also, the sound is in sync with the furniture crashes, but the dubbed audience reaction is not quite right. I didn't see these the first time through, but did catch one anomaly at the end. Bruce Willis's double landed on the floor with his white shirt sticking out (3:40) followed by the real Bruce Willis standing up with his suit neatly buttoned and shirt tails in place (3:42).

The crash, at the end, over the coffee table looked real to me. That's intentional because we tend to remember best what was last seen in a movie or video. If the last scene of a sequence "feels" real, we assume that our suspicions about the previous scenes might be incorrect.

Drivel: For those that know what's happening to me, I survived the hospital stay and will be at home loafing for about a week.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 10:57:17 -0700, Jeff Liebermann Gave us:

I am sure he enjoys watching the ISIL execution videos.

He liked "Faces of Death" when it came out too.

Back when entertainment folks like us watched "Videodrome".

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

He still has it...?

Meaning, he can still stand aside as stunt men pretend to fight? Heck, I can do that.

lunatic fringe electronics

On Sun, 17 Apr 2016 16:01:52 -0700, John Larkin Gave us:

The only acting you are good at is acting like you know electronics.

You constantly fail badly at acting like a mature adult, and expose your immature true self on a regular basis.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Watching scripted, edited fake fights by actors and stunt men on TV is a sign of maturity?

Watching TV is something mature adults do?

Hate to disillusion you, but Bruce Willis is an ACTOR. He PRETENDS to be a tough guy. All that blood is FAKE.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You get really nasty when you are wrong. And you are Always Wrong.