Has it really come to this?

Science project sparks subway scare

mrdarrett

Scrambling for the exits of a train when you see smoke coming out of a backpack is a good idea regardless of whether you think it's a bomb or not...

Reply to
Joel Koltner

I agree with you there... he could have had a lithium polymer battery...

I'm amazed no one tackled him or beat him up.

MD

Reply to
mrdarrett

news: snipped-for-privacy@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com...=

From the article:

" Kats said he tried to reassure his fellow passengers that it=20 was a school project -- not a bomb -- but people scrambled for=20 the exits nonetheless. The box he was holding had a small=20 battery, wires and a motor." ...

[snip]

..."Kats is a computer engineering student at the New York City=20 College of Technology."

Amazing. Doesn't the New York City College of Technology teach anything about putting fuses and switches into circuits?

Reply to
Greg Neill

What sort of grade did he get for that project?

--
Paul Hovnanian	paul@hovnanian.com
Procrastinators: The leaders for tomorrow.

I agree, Computer engineers make lousy Electrical engineers.

Martin Riddle

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

How about the converse? Do EEs make great Comp Es?

MD

Reply to
mrdarrett

What's the difference? I could have had a CompE degree if I'd wanted it. I took all the same classes, but thought an EE degree gave me more options. As it turned out it didn't matter.

--
Keith
Reply to