Hardware Question

Anybody know of a place in the Seattle area that is likely to have a .375-32UNEF tap* in stock? Tacoma Screw doesn't carry them, or know where to look.

*thread size used for F type coax connectors and other similar h/w.
How do I set a laser printer to stun?
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Actually, its a 3/8-32 tap.

has seven different 3/8"-32 taps available. the website uses frames so enter taps for the keyword, then select 3/8"-32 under size to see them.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes, and unless things have taken a turn for the worse in the last few years, they deliver quite fast. Not quite the same as walking across the street to a REAL HARDWARE STORE (TM) but a lot faster than waiting for any retail establishment to order something not in stock.

Reply to
cs_posting

We had an even better supplier at Microdyne, but I can't find them. The name was something like "kousons", and they had an office in Gainsville. They had about 100 pages of taps in their catalog. I tried to grab all the catalogs from the ME office when the local plant was closed, but they refused to let go of them, then put several hundred different catalogs into a construction dumpster. They were the only company that carried some special bottoming taps I needed for a personal project. I even tracked down some of the former MEs and they can't remember the name, either. :(

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida